Weekly GameFi Update (Week 18, 06/05/2022 – 12/05/2022)
NASA and Epic Games team up for the ‘Martian Metaverse’. Samsung to create their own Metaverse. Nyan Heroes closes a $7.5M funding round with support from Crypto.com Capital.
NASA has teamed up with Epic Games, posting a challenge to help build a ‘Martian metaverse’ experience with the help of Unreal Engine 5. The aim is to help prepare astronauts for the experiences and situations that will be encountered on Mars.
Last Friday, Samsung’s Vice Chairman Han Jong-hee revealed that Samsung is planning to create their own version of the metaverse. The company has reportedly created a dedicated task force to explore metaverse topics.
Nyan Heroes recently closed a $7.5M funding round with the help of Crypto.com Capital, among others. The game is a AAA Battle Royale shooter, and is focusing on building an immersive gameplay experience with sustainable play-to-earn mechanics.
The total market cap for GameFi tokens now stands at US$34.98 billion, down -14.56% from last week.
Top Gainers and Losers
*Gaming Infrastructure tokens: ENJ, FLOW, WAXP, UOS, MBOX, DAWN, GALA, IMX
*Gaming Utility tokens: AXS, MANA, SAND, ALICE, ILV, ATLAS, POLIS, GODS, GMT, DAR, AURY, APE, PYR
*Gaming Guild tokens: YGG, MC, UNIX, GGG, AGV
Top Games Metrics
* Week-on-Week (WoW) % change is calculated based on the differences between two consecutive 7-day periods
* Users refer to the number of unique wallet addresses interacting with the dApp's smart contracts
* Weekly Volume refers to the total amount of incoming value to the dApp's smart contracts during the 7-day period
* Weekly Transactions refer to the no. of transactions made on the dApp’s smart contracts during the 7-day period
* Stickiness refers to the ratio of daily active users (DAU) to monthly active users (MAU). A high stickiness means users consistently return to the dApp.
* Weekly volume using Splinterland data is approx US$818K.
* Splinterlands, Alien Worlds, MOBOX, Bomb Crypto, Axie Infinity, DeFi Kingdoms, Pegaxy, X World Games data from DappRadar
Top 15 Largest Tokens by Market Cap
Source: CoinGecko, Crypto.com Research
Daily Gamers by Blockchain
Thank you for reading! We hope you find our Weekly GameFi Update enlightening!
Share with a friend if you like our email!