Weekly GameFi Update (Week 21, 27/05/2022 – 02/06/2022)
South Korea invests US$177.1M in metaverse projects. Subway enters the metaverse with two new patents. Sky Mavis reveals projects accepted into its Builders Program.
South Korea is betting big on the metaverse, investing the equivalent of US$177.1M in various metaverse projects. The move is part of the “Digital New Deal” program which was created to invest in emerging technologies.
Subway is the newest fast-food giant to enter the metaverse, filing two patents on 17 May. The applications indicate plans for virtual food and beverage, NFTs for loyalty programs, and entertainment services.
Creators of Axie Infinity, Sky Mavis, have revealed projects that were accepted into its Builders Program - an initiative which allows users to create experiences atop the Axie platform, and keep a significant portion of revenue generated.
Top Gainers and Losers
*Gaming Infrastructure tokens: ENJ, FLOW, WAXP, UOS, MBOX, DAWN, GALA, IMX
*Gaming Utility tokens: AXS, MANA, SAND, ALICE, ILV, ATLAS, POLIS, GODS, GMT, DAR, AURY, APE, PYR
*Gaming Guild tokens: YGG, MC, UNIX, GGG, AGV
Top Games Metrics
* Week-on-Week (WoW) % change is calculated based on the differences between two consecutive 7-day periods
* Users refer to the number of unique wallet addresses interacting with the dApp's smart contracts
* Weekly Volume refers to the total amount of incoming value to the dApp's smart contracts during the 7-day period
* Weekly Transactions refer to the no. of transactions made on the dApp’s smart contracts during the 7-day period
* Stickiness refers to the ratio of daily active users (DAU) to monthly active users (MAU). A high stickiness means users consistently return to the dApp.
* Weekly volume using Splinterlands data is approx US$746K.
* Alien Worlds, Splinterlands, MOBOX, Sunflower Land, Pegaxy, SecondLive, Axie Infinity, DeFi Kingdoms data from DappRadar
Top 15 Largest Tokens by Market Cap
Source: CoinGecko, Crypto.com Research
Daily Gamers by Blockchain
Thank you for reading! We hope you find our Weekly GameFi Update enlightening!
Share with a friend if you like our email!