Weekly NFT & GameFi Update (Week 35, 02/09/2022 - 08/09/2022)
FIFA to launch Algorand-powered NFT platform. OpenSea to exclusively support NFTs on Ethereum’s PoS blockchain post-Merge. DappRadar data shows gaming makes up half of blockchain activity in Aug.
The 2022 FIFA World Cup is just months away. To celebrate this event, global football association FIFA is partnering with Algorand to build its very own NFT platform. Named FIFA+ Collect, it will showcase soccer-themed digital collectibles that represent the greatest World Cup game moments.
In preparation for the upcoming Merge, NFT marketplace OpenSea announced that it will exclusively support NFTs on the Ethereum proof-of-stake blockchain after the event. It also said it is preparing for any issues that may arise along with the upgrade, and will no longer support existing NFTs on the proof-of-work blockchain.
Video game retailer GameStop doubles down on crypto, as it becomes the preferred retail partner of crypto exchange FTX US. This partnership aims to introduce more of its followers to the FTX ecosystem and community, and will kick off the deal by carrying FTX gift cards in some of its U.S. stores.
Recent data from DappRadar and Blockchain Gaming Alliance shows that gaming accounts for over half of blockchain industry activity in August, with hundreds of millions in transactions. While the figures show a decrease from the previous month, it indicates that top games are growing despite the market slump.
X2Y2 recorded a +10% increase in sales and -24% decrease in transactions. Meanwhile, OpenSea‘s sales were positive at +23% and its transaction count also increased +23%.
The total market cap for GameFi tokens now stands at US$8.97 billion, down -0.1% from last week.
Crypto.com NFT in the Spotlight
Crypto.com NFT Collection Activity feature just got enhanced! Through this upgrade, users can now easily discover how an NFT ranks within its own collection, check out new data points, and directly place bids and make purchases. Try out the feature via Crypto.com NFT.
MetaBeat, a Music Community NFT platform, has partnered with Crypto.com to create the “MAMAMOO NFT Collection”. MAMAMOO's drop will start on 19 September 2022 and collectors will be able to reveal one of eight types of NFTs by purchasing a mystery pack. Collectors will also receive access to exclusive redeemables in addition to their collectible. All holders will be eligible for a chance to receive exclusive NFT airdrops as well as physical goods, and will be offered early access to future MAMAMOO drops on the MetaBeat Platform.
NFT Transaction Benchmark
Magic Eden data refer to the on-chain activity of the tracked smart contracts.
Magic Eden, X2Y2, NBA Top Shot, and Solanart data are retrieved from DappRadar.
1. Year-to-Date (YTD) volume is calculated from the first day of the current year to the current date.
2. Week-on-Week (WoW) % change is calculated based on the differences between two subsequent seven-day periods.
3. Transaction count and average price refer to the number of traders and average price over the past seven days, respectively.
4. LooksRare was launched on 10 January 2022.
5. X2Y2 was launched on 16 February 2022.
The following chart shows select top NFTs and their historical floor prices:
The following information shows selected top artists (by sales volume on each platform) and a sample of their art.
Platform: Crypto.com NFT
Artist: Loaded Lions
Sales Volume (USD): $122,400
Artist: VVS Miner Mole
Sales Volume (USD): $96,400
Platform: Magic Eden
Artist: Y00ts: mint t00bs
Sales Volume (USD): $9,792,000
Artist: Y00ts: mint t00bs
Sales Volume (USD): $9,248,000
GameFi Top Gainers & Losers
*Gaming Infrastructure tokens: ENJ, FLOW, WAXP, UOS, MBOX, DAWN, GALA, IMX
*Gaming Utility tokens: AXS, MANA, SAND, ALICE, ILV, ATLAS, POLIS, GODS, GMT, DAR, AURY, APE, PYR
*Gaming Guild tokens: YGG, MC, UNIX, GGG, AGV
Top Games Metrics
* Week-on-Week (WoW) % change is calculated based on the differences between two consecutive seven-day periods
* Users refer to the number of unique wallet addresses interacting with the dApp's smart contracts
* Weekly Volume refers to the total amount of incoming value to the dApp's smart contracts during the seven-day period
* Weekly Transactions refer to the no. of transactions made on the dApp’s smart contracts during the seven-day period
* Stickiness refers to the ratio of daily active users (DAU) to monthly active users (MAU). A high stickiness means users consistently return to the dApp.
* Weekly volume using Splinterlands data is approx US$369K.
* Alien Worlds, Splinterlands, MOBOX, Sunflower Land, Pegaxy, SecondLive, Axie Infinity, DeFi Kingdoms data
* STEPN data from Dune Analytics
Daily Gamers by Blockchain
Thank you for reading! We hope you find our Weekly NFT & GameFi Update enlightening!
Share with a friend if you like our email!
Thanks for reading Weekly Crypto News about DeFi, NFT, and crypto market! Subscribe for free to receive new posts and support my work.